Systems Engineer / Field Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL
Quantum3D Government Systems is actively seeking an experienced Systems Engineer / Field Engineer to perform on-site installation/set-up of training and simulation systems and components. This position will work out of Orlando, Florida reporting to the Quantum3D Government Systems Program Manager. The individual must have the ability to work independently and responsibly in a customer’s facility and must be willing to travel.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all on-site activities related to the installation and set-up of simulation systems at customer sites. Installation/setup includes both hardware and software components.
- Performs site surveys and audits physical configurations, assembles system components, and assist site personnel with decisions regarding layout of systems within the customer’s facility.
- Conducts final checkout and acceptance test of delivered systems in the presence of customer representative.
- Develop expertise related to the configuration and operation of the simulation systems hardware and software.
- Provide leadership and training to other installation technicians as well as on-call support for installation technicians in the field.
- Participate in leading customer training.
The selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident Status required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and industry specific software.
- Engineering degree or a degree in Electronics Engineering/Information Technology/equivalent military or professional training and 5+ as on-site FAE required.
- This position will require 50-75% to both CONUS on OCONUS locations.
- The ability to obtain a security clearance will be required.
- A proven ability to work and think independently in a customer’s facility is paramount.
Employment contingent upon successful completion of reference checks, 10 year background investigation as well as a clean driving record (no moving violations within the last 3 years) and a valid driver’s license. Pre-employment drug screening required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have the ability to work independently and responsibly in a customer’s facility is paramount. Must be customer focused with demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction. Must have systems engineering and field experience in a training and simulations background. Requires a degree in Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent military / professional training w/ 5+ years as on-site or field service technician. Familiarity with Image Generators, Simulation Software, Projectors etc. is required.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Orlando, Florida area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that at the top of your resume.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please.
Application form : Download
To apply, download and complete the employment application and submit with your Cover Letter, Resume/CV HERE