Milpitas, CA – September 3, 2020 -Quantum3D has completed assisting Northrop Grumman with the upgrade of the B2 PEZ simulator at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City. This included an upgrade of their old Image Generator (IG) to the latest Quantum3D IDX80 IG, as well as updating the IG software to the latest version of Quantum 3D’s Mantis IG software.
In addition to supplying the new image generator and software, Quantum3D was contracted in 2020 to assist with integration efforts required for the upgrade. Integration tasks included:
- Ensuring their team captured all the needed data from their old decommissioned IG.
- Verifying that Quantum3D’s Worldwide Database met their needs for flight training in the Continental US and abroad.
- Reviewing their existing terrain data for use on the new IG.
- Making sure all their models were set up correctly on the new IG to function properly in the new Mantis environment.
- Ensuring Mantis performed correctly when driven by their existing host.
- Working with their projector integrator to ensure no issues existed with the display output to the trainer.
- Conducting basic training for the IG and new startup scripts for running on the new IG.
With the addition of Quantum3D’s Global Airports plugin data, the IG now can support over 27,000 generic airports across the world utilizing the X-Plane community airport data and several high-level detailed airfields modeled into the Quantum3D Worldwide Database. This allows the B2 PEZ simulator to take advantage of flight training across the globe in the areas that are required for B2 flight training.
Quantum3D, Inc., based in the heart of Silicon Valley, is a leading developer and provider of simulation and training products, as well as the technology that drives them. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com