FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Quantum3D Announces Release of Mantis Version 3.2
Latest release brings a wealth of new image effects and functionality to the industry’s most scalable visual simulation platform
San Jose, Calif. – April 04, 2014 – Quantum3D, Inc., a leading provider of visual computing solutions for government and commercial applications, today announced the upcoming release of the newest version of Mantis®, its award-winning real-time scene management and image generation software. Version 3.2 comes with a rich new set of enhanced capabilities for both visual and sensor simulation, and will be available on all current platforms including off-the shelf PCs running Windows or Linux, and Independence® IDX 7000-series Image Generators equipped with Mantis.
Some of the new features in Mantis 3.2 include:
- Improved Spotlights – including custom light capability
- Enhanced Shadows – more realistic fading at long distance
- Accelerated Performance – up to 15% faster OpenGL processing
- DI Guy 12.5 Support – more lifelike human characters
- Improved Shading – specular (Phong) shading now default for all objects
This latest version of Mantis also brings along several new capabilities introduced recently, including:
- Host-side Mission Functions Library – reduced latency, highest level of detail processing
- Laser Designator Effect plug-in – simulates IR laser target designator viewed in NVG
- Specular Lighting – now available in sensor channels
- Advanced Particle Effects – more realistic smoke, fire, jet exhaust, etc
- Multi-View plug-in – multiple viewports within single channel (e.g. rear-view mirror, insets)
“Mantis is the industry’s only IG software platform that scales to meet your simulation needs from software only solution running on your off-the-shelf PCs to large 30+ channel rack-mounted systems,” said Pratish Shah, president, Quantum3D. “We’re excited to continue to update Mantis, introducing leading visual features to improve the quality and realism for our simulation customers.”
Mantis 3.2 is available for software-only platforms (Mantis for Windows, Mantis for Linux) in April, 2014, and will be available on Quantum3D’s Independence IDX-series Image Generators beginning in May, 2014.
Quantum3D, Inc. is a leading developer and manufacturer of Commercial-off-the-Shelf
(COTS), open-architecture, real-time visual computing solutions. Quantum3D combines the
most advanced hardware and software systems for graphics simulation in a variety of markets and implementations—image generation; tactical computing for avionics; vehicle and man-wearable applications; synthetic environments; graphics subsystems; and other COTS solutions. Quantum3D is a privately-held company headquartered in San Jose, California.
For more information about Quantum3D real-time visual computing solutions, please visit www.quantum3d.staging.wpengine.com.
Quantum3D, the Quantum3D logo, Independence, and Mantis are registered trademarks of Quantum3D. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.