Exciting News about the new version of MANTIS Software
Milpitas, CA – March 23, 2020 – Quantum3D, Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of real-time visual simulation systems, announced the release of their latest version of MANTIS®, its award-winning real-time scene management and image generation software.
MANTIS 3.5.0’s ambition is to push the limits of today’s powerful RTX6000 GPU’s. Recent updates on MANTIS 3.5.0 will achieve 4K 60Hz/120/Hz fluid realistic simulation environment on highly detailed terrain.
Some of the new MANTIS features include:
- Improvements in CDB terrain format support:
- added support for inland water and shoreline, both of which can be delineated down to the texel level for smooth, realistic transitions.
- Improved support for powerline networks
- Improved support for mission function queries such as Line Of Site (LOS)
- New OpenVR plugin to allow use of Mantis in AR/VR headsets such as HTC Vive.
The new OpenVR plugin has been successfully deployed by Reiser Simulation and Training GmbH for use in their latest Level D certified emergency response H145 helicopter trainer. In this trainer, the pilot and co-pilot view multiple channels projected on a dome screen, while the Medical Crew Member wears a Metavision Meta 2 HMD. The medical crew member is stationed in the aft-cabin next to a physical mock-up of the helicopter door which can be viewed and operated through the mixed-reality (“see through”) HMD. MANTIS generates the visuals for the exterior scene and masks this against its own internal model of the helicopter. The result is that the trainee sees the outside world in 3D through the side door and the windows of the helicopter, whilst still be able to operate the onboard equipments and to interact with the flight crew allowing them to train as a team for such tasks as pilot guidance, underslung/winch operation, search and rescue. The trainer is fully NVG capable providing a dedicated infra-red scene that stimulates the pilots night vision goggles and showing the NVG scene in the HMD.
- New WildFire plugin provides support for aerial firefighting simulation and training. It enables visualization and progression of large scale wild fires including following features:
- Visualization of flames, smoke, burning and charring of ground.
- Visualization of foam and retardant drops, including the resultant coloration of the terrain.
- Burn model to realistically simulate the spread of the fire over time based on terrain topology, environmental conditions, and terrain fuel types, including the suppression effects of foam and retardant drops.
- Record and replay features to support after action review and debrief.
- Significant performance improvements.
- Improvements in implementation of detail textures.
- Support for projectors that operate at 120Hz using two interleaved 60Hz inputs – including those that support pixel shift or similar technology.
Quantum3D, Inc. is a leading developer and provider of simulation and training products, as well as the technology that drives them. This Silicon Valley company serves a wide range of training markets, including flight simulation, land and other vehicle training, and maintenance training. For more information contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org