System Software Engineer
Location: Milpitas, California
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated professional Software Engineer to work on software engineering projects to support product development of visual training products. Generate software in response to Engineering Specifications for product development.
Develop and enhance real-time image generation software. Generate application software to support maintenance and operation of large server-class computer clusters. Debugging and problem solving as needed in response to customer-reported or internally-reported incidents. Automate manual processes used to build products. This position will work out of the Company’s Milpitas office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and architecture of new feature enhancements to products.
- Design and implement software in C/C++ and scripting languages.
- Work with all engineering team members to develop hardware/software interfaces and meet/exceed performance requirements of the system.
- Provide software-level support for diagnostics and debugging tools.
- Formulate and implement software systems using scientific analysis and disciplined engineering principles to self-evaluate viability of the design.
- Provide testing procedures for 3rd party test of software quality.
- Document the design of all software components.
- Strong knowledge of real-time image generation software architectures.
- Experience writing C++ application software for both Windows and Linux.
- Strong knowledge of 3D graphics standards, API’s (especially OpenGL), and modern GPU architecture. Experience writing GPU shader code.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Must be Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years industry related work experience.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.