Location: Milpitas, California
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated professional Program Manager. This position will be responsible for driving and guiding all aspects of our Simulation and Training related programs, and will provide overall project management, process planning, budget, schedule development and maintenance, management of subcontractors, risk management, technical management and planning, along with the use of management and technical performance measures to track project progress. This position will work out of the Company’s Milpitas office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the technical and financial performance of programs. Develop and monitor financial and schedule data, develop and maintain project plans, interface with upper management, customers, subcontractors, and monitor subcontractors’ activities to ensure compliance with spend plan and schedule.
- Effectively manage both large software and hardware system development, motivating and directing technical personnel in an integrated product team environment.
- Provide technical supervision and guidance for programs, manage program activities, supervise on-going technical efforts, and manage program performance.
- Establish work schedules, define and allocate task assignments, risk assessments and risk mitigation strategies, establish budgets, monitor field installation efforts, and evaluate work and performance progress, assess technical, cost, and schedule performance as they relate to overall program objectives, reporting to and coordinating with the client’s management team ensuring the program objectives are met.
- Manage the relationship with client(s) and potential clients.
- Prepare and Participate in Program Management Reviews (PMRs)- writing program reviews, reports and presentations for management and customer review as required.
- Ensure that the project is being executed according to Company policies and procedures.
- Create program, systems and/or software management processes to solve customer process related problems.
- Establish a solid working relationship with the customers, managers, associate contractors and peers.
- Communicate and interact effectively with the teams, customers and senior management.
- Occasional travel, up to 20-30% on average, possibly more during peak periods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with hands-on engineering or technical design work.
- Additional 5+ years’ experience in project or product management roles.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Ability to work in Company HQ in Milpitas, California.
- Program Management Tools experience (EVMS, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for personal interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to be effective and thrive in a small, lean, fast-paced organization. Must be able to build personal networks, cultivate informal power, and achieve results in a dynamic cross-functional environment without necessarily having any direct reporting authority with other key team members.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Management related skill.
- PMP Certified or other Program Review Authority trained.
- 10+ years’ project management experience.
- Experience executing on U.S. Government and Military related programs.
- Experience and expertise with Simulation and Training products and services (e.g. flight simulators, pilot training, naval simulators, infantry training, etc.).
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Milpitas, California area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that at the top of your resume.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.