Terrain Database Developer
Location: Milpitas, California
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated Terrain Database Developer to join our Synthetic Environments team. This position will be responsible for designing, generating, and documenting visual terrain databases for simulation and training.
This position is based in the Milpitas, California Company Headquarters. The hired candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop database design based on customer requirements and SME input.
- Implement design and ensure 3D models run within specification.
- Integrate and optimize 3D models and other visual assets into proprietary real-time 3D engine
- Optimize GIS data used in terrain generation software
- Perform quality assurance and troubleshooting checks on output
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of Presagis Creator 3D modeling software, and Photoshop texture creation.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Must have strong organization and time-management skills.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Firm grasp of 3D environment development
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Understanding and use of configuration management software
- In-depth knowledge of GIS related software such as but not limited to Presagis Terra Vista, Terra Tools, Trian Graphics, ArcMap, and Global Mapper
- Technical understanding of 3D Airfield development
- Technical understanding of Vehicle modeling
- Understanding of Windows operating systems and 3D Graphics.
- Exposure to Visual Simulation and Training.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Understanding of and has development experience generating CDB terrains
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Animation or Engineering.
- 2-5 years working experience in related field.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Milpitas, California area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that in your cover letter.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please.
Application form : Download
To apply, download and complete the employment application and submit with your Cover Letter, Resume/CV HERE