About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated Software Engineer to join our team. This position designs, modifies, develops and implements software programs for real-time vehicle simulation, including development of software used as tools in deployment of simulators, and tool for use in remote production environments for simulator products. The candidate must be able to perform research, requirements analysis, and design functions prior to coding. The hired candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Works with a team to define functionality and designs to meet project and product requirements.
- Develops code independently and can also integrate software with a shared software baseline as part of a larger engineering team.
- Performs hands-on programming, testing, debugging, documenting, delivery, and maintenance of new and existing software.
- Assists in the development of new products from concept to production
- Uses best practices in Software Engineering, including code standards and Object Oriented Design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong technical background in Simulation and Training, Computer Graphics software, Visual Databases and Simulation technical standards.
- Must have significant technical competence in PC Hardware and Software systems including PC architectures, processors.
- Must have experience in realtime 3D graphics, including OpenGL, DirectX and Shader-based applications.
- Must have strong and effective communication skills and interpersonal on all levels with all areas of the company and with external parties including customers, prospects, press and partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for personal interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to be effective and thrive in a small, lean, fast-paced organization. Must be able to build personal networks, cultivate informal power, and achieve results in a dynamic cross-functional environment without necessarily having any direct reporting authority with other key team members.
- Experience and expertise with Simulation and Training products and services (e.g. flight simulators, pilot training, naval simulators, infantry training, database generation etc).
- Knowledge of GPU shader language (Cg or GLSL)
- Software implementation knowledge of OneSAF or other SAF systems
- Practical experience using any real-time simulation tools
- Experience in GIS tools like ArcGIS
- Able to contribute written material for technical proposals on new concepts
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Sensor Simulation Techniques
Education, Training and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in software development using C++
- 5+ years experience in Real-time visual simulation and 3D graphics
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please.
Application form : Download
To apply, download and complete the employment application and submit with your Cover Letter, Resume/CV HERE