Location: Milpitas, California
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a self-motivated Terrain Developer to join our team. This position will be responsible for designing, generating, and documenting visual terrain databases for simulation and training.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop visual database environments based on customer requirements and SME input
- Integrate and optimize 3D models and other visual assets into proprietary real-time 3D engine
- Optimize GIS data to be optimized and used in terrain generation software
- Perform quality assurance and troubleshooting checks on output
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Firm grasp of 3D environment development
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of 3D modeling software
- 3D Studio Max, Maya, and Presagis Creator preferred
- Proficient use of Photoshop
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- In-depth knowledge of GIS related software such as but not limited to Presagis Terra Vista, Terra Tools, Trian Graphics, ArcMap, and Global Mapper
- Technical understanding of 3D Airfield development
- Exposure to Visual Simulation and Training
Education, Training and Experience
- 1-2 years working experience in related field.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Milpitas, California area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that in your cover letter.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.