Software Team Lead (AR)
Location: Milpitas, California
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated Software Engineer to lead a small team in the design, modification and rapid prototyping of software applications for real-time virtual and augmented reality applications. Also, lead the development of a software foundation for AR/VR training material development. Must be able to lead and perform research, requirements analysis, and design functions prior to coding.
The selected candidate must be able to be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident. This position will be based in the Milpitas, California Company Headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but limited to;
- Works with a team to define functionality and designs to meet project and product requirements.
- Develops code independently, but can also integrate software with a shared software baseline as part of a larger engineering team.
- Performs hands-on programming, testing, debugging, documenting, delivery, and maintenance of new and existing software.
- Assists in the development of new products from concept to production.
- Uses best practices in Software Engineering, including code standards and Object Oriented Design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have proven leadership in small team and rapid prototyping environments
- Must have working knowledge of Augmented and Virtual Reality, 3D Computer Graphics software standards.
- Must have technical competence project design from requirements through product testing
- Should have working knowledge of software development in a C++ environment
- Must have strong and effective skills for rapid prototyping and desire to move quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to be effective and thrive in a small, lean, fast-paced organization.
- Must be able to build personal networks, cultivate informal power, and achieve results in a dynamic cross-functional environment without necessarily having any direct reporting authority with other key team members.
- Experience and expertise with Head-Mounted Display systems (HMD)
- Software implementation knowledge of AR/VR techniques
- Software development experience of game engine technology
Education, Training and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in software development using C++
- 3+ years experience in Leading a development team
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.