Location: Milpitas, California
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated Software Engineer to design, modify, develop, write, and implement software programs automating virtual environment production for real-time simulation. The selected candidate must be able to perform research, requirements analysis, and design functions prior to coding, use object-oriented design techniques when developing new code for increased code sharing and re-usability. This position will be based in the Milpitas, California Company Headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but limited to;
- Works with a team to define functionality and designs to meet project and product requirements.
- Develops code independently, but can also integrate software with a shared software baseline as part of a larger engineering team.
- Performs hands-on programming, testing, debugging, documenting, delivery, and maintenance of new and existing software.
- Assists in the development of new products from concept to production.
- Uses best practices in Software Engineering, including code standards and Object Oriented Design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong technical background in Simulation and Training, Image Generation software, Visual Databases and Simulation technical standards.
- Must have significant technical competence in PC Hardware and Software systems including PC architectures, processors.
- Must have experience in real-time 3D graphics, including OpenGL, DirectX and Shader-based applications.
- Must have strong and effective communication skills and interpersonal on all levels with all areas of the company and with external parties including customers, prospects, press and partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for personal interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to be effective and thrive in a small, lean, fast-paced organization. Must be able to build personal networks, cultivate informal power, and achieve results in a dynamic cross-functional environment without necessarily having any direct reporting authority with other key team members.
- Experience and expertise with Simulation and Training products and services (e.g. flight simulators, pilot training, naval simulators, infantry training, database generation etc.).
- Knowledge of GPU shader language (Cg or GLSL)
- Software implementation knowledge of OneSAF or other SAF systems
- Practical experience using any real-time simulation tools
- Experience in GIS tools like ArcGIS
- Able to contribute written material for technical proposals on new concepts
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Sensor Simulation Techniques
Education, Training and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software development using C++
- 2+ years’ experience in Real-time visual simulation and 3D graphics
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.