Location: Milpitas, California
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated Software Engineer to design, modify, develop, write, and implement software programs automating virtual environment production for real-time simulation. The selected candidate must be able to perform research, requirements analysis, and design functions prior to coding, use object-oriented design techniques when developing new code for increased code sharing and reusability. This positon will be based in the Milpitas, California Company Headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but limited to;
- Works with a team to define functionality and designs to meet project and product requirements.
- Develops code independently, but can also integrate software with a shared software baseline as part of a larger engineering team.
- Performs hands-on programming, testing, debugging, documenting, delivery, and maintenance of new and existing software.
- Assists in the development of new products from concept to production.
- Uses best practices in Software Engineering, including code standards and Object Oriented Design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong technical background in Simulation and Training, Image Generation software, Visual Databases and Simulation technical standards.
- Must have significant technical competence in PC Hardware and Software systems including PC architectures, processors.
- Must have experience in real-time 3D graphics, including OpenGL, DirectX and Shader-based applications.
- Must have strong and effective communication skills and interpersonal on all levels with all areas of the company and with external parties including customers, prospects, press and partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for personal interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to be effective and thrive in a small, lean, fast-paced organization. Must be able to build personal networks, cultivate informal power, and achieve results in a dynamic cross-functional environment without necessarily having any direct reporting authority with other key team members.
- Experience and expertise with Simulation and Training products and services (e.g. flight simulators, pilot training, naval simulators, infantry training, database generation etc.).
- Knowledge of GPU shader language (Cg or GLSL)
- Software implementation knowledge of OneSAF or other SAF systems
- Practical experience using any real-time simulation tools
- Experience in GIS tools like ArcGIS
- Able to contribute written material for technical proposals on new concepts
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Sensor Simulation Techniques
Education, Training and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software development using C++
- 2+ years’ experience in Real-time visual simulation and 3D graphics
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Milpitas, California area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that in your cover letter.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.