Senior System Engineer
Location: Milpitas, California
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated professional Senior System Engineer to design and develop electronic products for Quantum3D’s Embedded Visual Computing and Visual Simulation markets. We have a technical leadership position available with a focus on CPU, GPU, DSP, and multicore performance plus power, and thermal engineering.
Come be a part of Quantum3D’s team of hardware, software, systems engineers and architects driving analysis and defining next-generation products.
This position will engage collaboratively across the company with core HW design & verification, marketing, and product planning teams, and provide technical leadership for a team responsible for:
- Performance, power and/or thermal analysis across relevant use cases, benchmarks and workloads across various tiers of Quantum3D products.
- Develop Computer Images for installations at remote manufacturing sites
- Collaborating with other teams to define and update the appropriate benchmark set to be used to evaluate CPU and multicore performance and power.
- Devising and deploying data gathering and analysis methods to project future system performance, and driving the development of new analysis tools/models as needed.
- Understanding the interaction of HW with the OS and application code.
- Understanding industry directions in CPU, GPU, DSP, and multicore.
- Competitive analysis of competitive products.
The selected Senior System Engineer will be involved as a project team member and/or a project leader, depending on the project. Candidate is expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing the workload between projects depending on schedule and urgency. The candidate will be expected to interact with customers and occasionally travel to their locations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Creation and/or review of product proposals and functional specifications
- Windows OS expertise, Windows configuration, drivers, use of Image generation tools
- Interface with manufacturing
- Create documentation for internal and customer usage.
- Adhere to the ISO/ITAR practices as appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical leadership, judgment, the ability to define, articulate, and maintain a technical vision.
- Superb communication skills and ability to interact and lead fluidly across as distributed organization.
- Experience engaging throughout the product design cycle, including architecture, HW design, verification, SW development and customer engagement.
- Top-notch expertise in computer architecture, with especially deep knowledge of modern CPU multi CPU/core, out-of-order, caches, memory controllers, interconnects, etc.
- Thorough grasp of programming models, operating systems, multiprocessor scheduling, etc.
- Ability to span levels abstraction from C++/Java application software, to OSes, ISAs, microarchitecture, circuits, and silicon.
- Experience in benchmarking & analysis for both performance and power.
- C / C++
- Experience in Intel, Nvidia, or ATI chipset designs advantageous
- 2 years+ Military, industrial or ruggedized high reliability design experience
Training and Experience Required: The hired candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident. Have a B.S. Degree in Computer/Electronic Engineering or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in embedded systems development.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Milpitas, California area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that in your cover letter.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.