Senior Software Engineer
Location: Milpitas, California
About the Opportunity
We are actively seeking a qualified self-motivated Software Engineer to join our team. This position will design, modify, and develop new methodologies for the creation of Visual Simulation databases. The selected candidate must demonstrate deep understanding of modern Visual Simulation toolsets and be experienced in writing software to interface with at least one mainstream simulation product. We are expanding our product portfolio and therefore need to widen our approach to existing tools and interfaces.
This position is based in the Milpitas, California Company Headquarters. The hired candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Works with a team to define functionality and designs to meet project and product requirements.
- Develops code independently, but can also integrate software with a shared software baseline as part of a larger engineering team.
- Performs hands-on programming, testing, debugging, documenting, delivery, and maintenance of new and existing software.
- Development of new products from concept to production.
- Uses best practices in Software Engineering, including code standards and Object Oriented Design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong technical background in Simulation technical standards, especially database design toolsets and their interfaces.
- (e.g. Presagis TerraVista, TrianGraphics, Esri).
- Technical competence in PC Hardware and Software systems including PC architectures, processors.
- Must have strong and effective communication skills and interpersonal on all levels with all areas of the company and with external parties including customers, prospects, press and partners.
- Ability to be effective and thrive in a small, lean, fast-paced organization.
- Experience and expertise with Simulation and Training products and services (e.g. Presagis TerraVista, TrianGraphics, Esri).
- Practical experience using any real-time simulation tools
- Must have experience in real-time 3D graphics, including OpenGL, DirectX etc.
- Experience in GIS tools like ArcGIS
- Able to contribute written material for technical proposals on new concepts
- Knowledge of Sensor Simulation Techniques
Education, Training and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in software development using C++
- 5+ years’ experience in Real-time visual simulation and 3D graphics
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Milpitas, California area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that at the top of your resume.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.