3D Modeler Intern
Available Openings: Two (2)
Location: Milpitas, California
About the Company
Quantum3D is a dynamic growing company searching for highly energetic and skilled interns that are looking for a challenging career opportunity.
Based in Milpitas, CA, Quantum3D is a leading developer and manufacturer of real-time visual simulation systems. We set out to develop 3D graphics solutions that would change the landscape for applications requiring high-end imagery. Our focus is on delivering Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) and open architecture solutions that enable us to deliver “Technology for Solutions” to our military and civilian customers. We combine mainstream PC-based technologies with our unique, value-added hardware, software, and integration services to deliver industry-specific visual computing solutions.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for two (2) enthusiastic 3D Modeler Interns to join our Database Development department. The3D Modeler Interns will be responsible for designing, generating, and documenting visual 3D models for simulation and training. The selected candidates must be U.S. Citizens or a Permanent Residents.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop 3D models for run-time simulation based on real-world specification but optimized for run-time performance
- Integrate and optimize 3D models and other visual assets into proprietary real-time 3D engine
- Create and apply textures for 3D models
- Perform quality assurance and troubleshooting checks on output
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Firm grasp of 3D modeling tools and texture applications
- Photoshop required
- Quixel, Substance, etc. a plus
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of 3D modeling software
- 3D Studio Max, Maya, and Presagis Creator preferred
- Other modeling tools a plus
- Proficient use of Photoshop
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Exposure to Visual Simulation and Training a plus
Education, Training and Experience:
- Enrolled in either Animation & Visual Effects or Game Development
- Second semester junior or higher
- Must be returning student when the internship is over
Core Hours: 16-40 hours per week. Assigned work days and schedule to be determined with selected candidate and department manager.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. If you reside outside of the Orlando, Florida area but do not require relocation assistance, please state that at the top of your resume.
Compensation: Commensurate with the position, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals Only: No agency submissions, please. To apply, email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.